I had started the 50 in AS 50 challenge some time back, but haven't really done anything in recent months. I made a few beads, but I am not a jeweler, so all the beads are just sitting in a box right now, waiting for the skill of a jeweler to help me through the next step of making a wearable piece. I'd like to have a couple of strings to put on my broaches for my Viking garb, but I think I'd only wear them for fancy dress occasions--I know I'll snag them on EVERYTHING.
I can, however, make lots of clothing. I made this little tunic for Lottie Blacksmith (my 9 year old). Don't adjust your screens, the sleeves are half-length so she will keep cooler and they'll be out of the way for working at Master Grendal's. Brown is a good color for a blacksmith's dress, too...the blackness won't be nearly as noticeable. The pink ones I made last year were pretty grubby after a weekend around the fire, but I anticipated that. It's made from a simple woven fabric...a mystery blend. It could be linen, or a linen blend, but it's fairly scratchy. I'm hoping that it'll soften up after a few washings. It's a simple rectangular construction with triangular gussets on the sides. Due to lack of available material, this is as full as the dress could get. It has a simple rounded neckline and no other embellishments. It'll get its first life as a costume for a play (she's a villager for the play...I think it's the Pied Piper story), and it'll get more wear this summer at events.
I guess another one of the 50 would be this yurt...or this pile of sticks that will eventually be a yurt. I still have about 600 holes to drill yet. It's a work in progress, obviously.
I'll have to go through my list of projects that I started earlier and see how many I have actually finished since the challenge began. The list to the right contains most of the items that qualify for this 50 in AS 50 challenge, but I think I'll add a bunch of photos to document my progress. That'll be a later post, I think.