Who Am I? And Why Am I Here?

Elewys of Finchingefeld, GdS, JdL
Barony of Aquaterra, Kingdom of An Tir

This is a place to which I may post my research, my experiments, my successes...and yes, my failures...for medieval re-creation and research on my never-ending quest to learn and revel in knowledge and experiences.

I am a lady of many times and many places. Currently using a 15th century English name, dressing in a 10th century Danish dress, and camping in a Mongolian round house. "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe my persona.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

More new weavings

Just a couple quick things.

A commissioned piece for a lady wanting a weave in "watermelon" colors, dark green, light green, pink and black.  This is to match an outfit that she already owns.  The dark green looks very dark in the photo, but it's not quite as black as it looks here.  She's seen photos and she's very excited about getting it!  It measures about 3 cm wide and 4 yards long.  I'd like to do this pattern again, but I think I'll make it a little wider or a little narrower, and very likely in different colors.  I tried to base it on another weave that I did earlier, but this one has sharper angles in it, looking like diamonds rather than waves.

This is the project I'm working on for a group of friends--I'm hoping that I can get 3 or even 4 lanyards out of each 4 yard piece of weaving, and I need to make six pieces...or eight.  It's a mundane project, but a medieval technique, so I'm not sure I should count this as one of my 50 in AS 50.  Probably not.  I have a couple years to finish five more medieval projects.  I think I'll start working on some other areas of interest for a while.  Maybe I'll try making a paperback book.

Elewys

No comments:

Post a Comment