Who Am I? And Why Am I Here?

Elewys of Finchingefeld, GdS, JdL
Barony of Aquaterra, Kingdom of An Tir

This is a place to which I may post my research, my experiments, my successes...and yes, my failures...for medieval re-creation and research on my never-ending quest to learn and revel in knowledge and experiences.

I am a lady of many times and many places. Currently using a 15th century English name, dressing in a 10th century Danish dress, and camping in a Mongolian round house. "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe my persona.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

More Weaving

I've become the weaving machine.  This one is called the Ram's Horn pattern.  It falls under the intermediate skills weaving.  I'm not ready for the advanced stuff yet...although I might be able to muddle through it.


This is a piece that I started a couple weeks ago, and although it took a bit longer than other pieces due to the shifting of cards in opposite directions, I still finished it up fairly quickly.  It also measures a bit over 4 yards.  I considered selling these and tried to figure out what I would price these at.  Without any idea what to base it on, I figured I'd check out Etsy and see if anyone else is making these.  I found a couple pieces of this pattern priced between $80 and $125.  Flooring!  Absolutely flooring!


Here's my latest weaving project--a Saxon Threaded in reproduction pattern, which can be found at Carolyn's site.  Since this is a period pattern, documentable, and in the Baronial colors, I would like to enter this one into the contest they hold at the big event in January.  I'd love to find more period patterns, but I think it will involve buying a moderately priced book...or several. Peter Collingwood (starting at $47), John Mullarkey ($37), and Nancy Spies ($30) are on my short list of books I'd like to get.  I have a gift card I'd like to use at Amazon for this.... :)
Back to the loom...
Elewys


1 comment: