Finished the Birka weave. I've read other people say, "It was fun, but I'm never doing it again." This is likely due to the constant twisting of the threads that need to be untied every yard or two. I heard that there is a thingy called a "spinner" that you can use to tie to the ends that will untwist the threads as you go. I'm totally up for that! I'll have to see what I can find so I can do more of these in different colors. I thought I'd start with my Baronial colors (also my favorite--green--and my husband's favorite--blue).
When I finished that one, I warped up a new band, just for fun. I used a pattern I found on the Loomy Bin. I thought it had a rather Southwest or even an African feel to the design. I also saw X and O, so I called it "Kisses & Hugs". Emma said she liked the combination with red, white and black, so I'll have to make some kind of band for her to use with her costumes. Since she was away at a friend's house when I finished it and was anxious to start a new one, I started one for another friend.
Molly sent me a text over Facebook saying that she'd pay me for a piece of weaving, so after a few questions back & forth, decided on this pattern and color combination. I made it wider than I anticipated, which measures 4 cm and uses 32 cards. It's about the maximum I could do comfortably on this loom, I think. Kelly is going to build me a box loom so I may be able to do bigger, wider, and longer weaves. It'll be interesting to find out what I can do... :)