Who Am I? And Why Am I Here?

Elewys of Finchingefeld, GdS, JdL
Barony of Aquaterra, Kingdom of An Tir

This is a place to which I may post my research, my experiments, my successes...and yes, my failures...for medieval re-creation and research on my never-ending quest to learn and revel in knowledge and experiences.

I am a lady of many times and many places. Currently using a 15th century English name, dressing in a 10th century Danish dress, and camping in a Mongolian round house. "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe my persona.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Long time...no...whatever.

I can hardly believe that it's been 8 months since I posted last.  I've done quite a lot of stuff lately, but I'm not always good about posting about it.

The last couple of days, for example, I've made a pair of under-trouse, and have another one partially assembled.  I also made a body block (muslin) for an English early-Tudor gown/kirtle/waistcoat.  I hope to make all of these things in the next few weeks.  The gown I would like to finish before 12th Night...now just to figure out what I'm going to be making it out of--I have some beautiful peacock blue linen or some tawny-beige lightweight wool (possibly a blend).  I'm thinking of going with the blue and making the waistcoat from the beige--I'll have lots left over, so I can also make something else, like a Turkish coat or Apron dress, too.

I finished the Turkish entari that I was working on earlier--you can't see much of it here, but it is nice.  Very comfortable, hangs well, and I put my own woven buttons on it that I made.
 

Going backwards in my posted photos on Facebook (which is like reading backwards in a diary), I've done a lot of bead-making; these ones for the Lampworkers Guild to be given as gifts to the Kingdoms of Drachenwald and Calontir:
 

Made a bunch for my own fun or for commission:
  

Dyed some yarn with pomegranate peels (alum mordant):
 

Did some more beads for the guild from 6 months ago or so (a few of these were made by a friend, but I couldn't tell you which ones now):


Did just a little embroidery at an Ithra...just for fun:


And painted a ceramic mug...which broke almost immediately:


I'll try to post some more pics in the next few days as I finish things up before 12th Night.
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment