Who Am I? And Why Am I Here?

Elewys of Finchingefeld, GdS, JdL
Barony of Aquaterra, Kingdom of An Tir

This is a place to which I may post my research, my experiments, my successes...and yes, my failures...for medieval re-creation and research on my never-ending quest to learn and revel in knowledge and experiences.

I am a lady of many times and many places. Currently using a 15th century English name, dressing in a 10th century Danish dress, and camping in a Mongolian round house. "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe my persona.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Last Few Months of Stuff

It's been quite a while since I posted anything, but I actually have been working on a few things.  This month I'm doing the "Costuming Olympics"...an event I made up modeled after the Knitting Olympics that are held during the Winter Olympics.  I really needed to update my SCA wardrobe and this was the perfect opportunity to do so...by creating an incentive!  My plan is to make garments for my family to wear at September Crown.  The rules are that they don't have to be FANCY or SHOW QUALITY, but finished & wearable.

Since I noticed a distinct lack, I decided to start with some base garments for everyone.

Making Salwar pants for SCA undergarments.  I have two new ones for myself, a pair for my husband, and a pair for each of two kids.  The third kid will have to get some made from another material...I ran out.

After that, I have fabric to make a few lightweight tunics and a couple of warm surcoats for the men in my life--husband Kellach and son Benno, and I've been promising to make a pretty dress for the big girl, Ophelia, who wants something 15th century.  Lottie got a couple of tunics made last year, but I think she wants to have a pretty overdress that laces up as well.

Coif made for Tyrssen to go with his newest tunic.  I will have to make this more rounded at the top of the head...it was a little pointy.  Ah well.

Tyrssen's Salmon tunic...hanging next to a RED tiny tunic for an American Girl Doll.  I need to finish the red one yet.  The pink washcloth on the left was just to show that the tunic wasn't pink... :)

All seams were hand finished and was sent out to Tyrssen's work place in Ohio in preparation for his trip to Pennsic.  He was so excited to get them that he put them on at work.

Did I show this before?  The Pile o Yurt.  I'll have to build up my Turkish clothes a bit to go with the Turkish kinda ger.  I also need to make a blue tono cover...

 Beads made for Pennsic for Northshield and Middle Kingdoms.  I got a new hot head to make these beads and the scorching problem pretty much went away.  I may try to wash the old torch to see if I can remove some sediment that may be causing the problem.


1 comment: