Who Am I? And Why Am I Here?

Elewys of Finchingefeld, GdS, JdL
Barony of Aquaterra, Kingdom of An Tir

This is a place to which I may post my research, my experiments, my successes...and yes, my failures...for medieval re-creation and research on my never-ending quest to learn and revel in knowledge and experiences.

I am a lady of many times and many places. Currently using a 15th century English name, dressing in a 10th century Danish dress, and camping in a Mongolian round house. "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe my persona.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Applesies & Fox Noses #7: Tree Climbers

After finishing up the #1 band, Colorful Small Applesies, I started a new project for my dear friend, Bekah.  She chose #7:  Tree Climbers.  It's a four-color band (could be done with 3, but the edging has a two similar light colors that alternate).  


This one is a bit more tricky, but not impossible...after some studying the pattern and experimentation, this is what I came up with:
Turn back all cards – 5 turns
Then turn card numbers:
1-4 back; 5-8 forward; 9-14 back – two turns
1-4 back; 5-10 forward; 11-14 back – 5 turns
1-4 back; 5-6 forward; 7-14 back – 2 turns

When twist is too tight on the outside cards, you can reverse the directions of those cards to untwist…

1-4 forward; 5-10 back; 11-14 forward – 5 turns
1-8 forward, 9-10 back, 11-14 forward – 2 turns
All forward – 5 turns
1-6 forward; 7-10 back; 11-4 forward – 2 turns

The twist on 5, 6, 9, and 10 will continue to build up, so you can either put spinners on those cards or untie and untwist those cards when the twist becomes unmanageable. 

If, instead of untwisting, you want to simply reverse the pattern, you can get a mirror image of the pattern.  If you want to try this, you would use: 

Turn back all cards - 5 turns
1-4 back; 5-8 forward; 9-14 back – two turns
1-4 back; 5-10 forward; 11-14 back – 5 turns
1-4 back; 5-6 forward; 7-14 back – 2 turns
(just like in the first part…but then…)

1-4 forward; 5-6 back; 7-14 forward – 2 turns
1-4 forward; 5-10 back; 11-14 forward – 5 turns
1-4 forward; 5-8 back; 9-14 forward – 2 turns
All forward – 5 turns


Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment