Who Am I? And Why Am I Here?

Elewys of Finchingefeld, GdS, JdL
Barony of Aquaterra, Kingdom of An Tir

This is a place to which I may post my research, my experiments, my successes...and yes, my failures...for medieval re-creation and research on my never-ending quest to learn and revel in knowledge and experiences.

I am a lady of many times and many places. Currently using a 15th century English name, dressing in a 10th century Danish dress, and camping in a Mongolian round house. "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe my persona.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Six Weeks Later...

I guess it's been a while since I posted!  The Easter-to-June part of the year is always supremely hectic with Tourney Season ramping up and the school year winding down.  A few things I've done in that time...

I bought a spinning wheel, a Lendrum single treadle, and finally started in ernest to wash the fleece given to me by HL Godith from her flock.  It was shorn 9 years ago and I have been happily turning fluffy stuff into yarn over the past few weeks.

  



The last spool of white is not pictured...it was on the wheel.  I unspooled the pink, got it wet, and am blocking it now (by hanging a 20 oz. bottle of Gatorade on it), so I can start spinning spool #7.  After that, I'll have to skein up the spools so I can spin some more.  All this spun yarn is destined to become a piece of cloth to be made into a garment--my first sheep-to-shawl project (not that it'll be a shawl, but some wearable garment, probably an overtunic.

For the Perfectly Period Feast in An Tir, I made this ensemble (left) for the 1470s era Italian Renaissance Feast.  Pictured with me is my bestie, Aenor, who is running as my Sister-Baroness for our Barony.  We won't be the first girl-girl pairing, but the first in our Kingdom.  Not only is this an exciting prospect for us, but for Inspirational Equality.  Not that we're in that kind of relationship--we are both very happily involved with our respective men (who, I swear, must have been separated at birth!)--we're just friends.




Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment