Who Am I? And Why Am I Here?

Elewys of Finchingefeld, GdS, JdL
Barony of Aquaterra, Kingdom of An Tir

This is a place to which I may post my research, my experiments, my successes...and yes, my failures...for medieval re-creation and research on my never-ending quest to learn and revel in knowledge and experiences.

I am a lady of many times and many places. Currently using a 15th century English name, dressing in a 10th century Danish dress, and camping in a Mongolian round house. "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe my persona.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yurt Progress Today

The day started out a bit after 9:00 when Jen & Darby arrived with their kids.  Emma was hired to babysit the little guys for the day while we worked outside--great experience as a babysitter for other people's kids to have the parents on hand for the unexpected.
The door was framed out in a probably rather unconventional way, but it should be plenty strong.  Glued and screwed, Mike Holmes approved.  The 2 x 4 is the threshold and the 1 x 3 is the jamb of the door.  I have already attached hinges to install a door later.  The tied ends of the khana will slide into the two uprights and attach there...somehow.  We'll figure out the details when we get there.

More tomorrow, I'm sure!
Elewys

No comments:

Post a Comment