Who Am I? And Why Am I Here?

Elewys of Finchingefeld, GdS, JdL
Barony of Aquaterra, Kingdom of An Tir

This is a place to which I may post my research, my experiments, my successes...and yes, my failures...for medieval re-creation and research on my never-ending quest to learn and revel in knowledge and experiences.

I am a lady of many times and many places. Currently using a 15th century English name, dressing in a 10th century Danish dress, and camping in a Mongolian round house. "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe my persona.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Two new pieces

Going great guns on the weaving still.  Decided to try a fun weave from Robin & Russ's book--BUNNIES!  I will donate this to the Shire of Shittimwoode for their annual championship tourney.  I don't know who will receive this--heavy, rapier, or light weapons, or maybe the A&S champion, but I'm happy to have tried this and successfully made it.


Next I warped up another pattern from R&R, #23.  I was terribly disappointed with the directions--there are some flaws with the way it was drafted.  I believe that half of the warp threads were incorrectly labeled (in terms of Z or S warping), and I think the turning pattern should be six or eight quarter turns, not four.  I'm doing six quarter-turns for this one, although it's not exactly like the picture.  I'm going to continue this as-is and then go back and try again with another colorway.  Of course, I have the cards facing the wrong way on this one, so the whole piece is upside down.

This is the correct side of the weaving.  It looks much more smooth and elegant here.  I don't think I like the placement of the black, however.  I think I should have done green or white instead.  One of my fellows in the Barony expressed an interest in a piece woven in her colors.  I don't know if she'll like this one, but if not, I'll put it in the pile of things to sell.

Not a lot more going on here.  I have a lot to do...hoping for a snow day tomorrow to see if I can catch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment